The Bridge of Cally is a small village centred round the bridge over the River Ardle and sits at the junction of three glens, Glenshee, Strathardle and Glenericht. It offers amenities as well as further access to walking and the The Cateran Trail.
The village has a hotel, an angling book shop, a village hall and a large holiday park. Its post office and general store is historically one of the oldest in Scotland dating back to 1841.
The hotel was originally a temperance establishment with alcohol being served for the first time in the 1960s. Until that time it served as the local petrol station and the proprietor operated a daily bus service along the A93 from Blacklunans to Blairgowrie.
A third settlement called Netherton lies half a mile away on the Drimmie road around a bridge over the Blackwater beside which is the old water powered wool mill. This closed in the 1950s and is now a house. The local parish church was built here in 1890 as part of the United Free Church of Scotland which amalgamated with the church of Scotland in 1928.