Newfield Cottage - quality self-catering accommodation for up to six people nestled high in The Braes of Glenlivet near Tomintoul in the Cairngorms National Park.
This historic cottage has recently been renovated to a very high standard to form a comfortable and cosy highland retreat with traditional charm and modern convenience.
This is THE best place to get away from it all - peaceful and tranquil with wide open views of rolling fields and heathery hills - yet still within easy reach of the busier hubs of the National Park and with lots to see and do nearby.
Excellently placed for those wishing to explore the Cairngorms National Park, the North East Grampian mountains and the wider North East of Scotland, no matter what your interest - from mountain biking to stargazing, whisky to walking - you're sure to find lots to enjoy and make your holiday here a memorable one.
Accommodation is over two floors with lounge, kitchen, family bathroom, zip and link twin/king size bedroom and porch for boots/coats etc on ground floor and a double bedroom (en suite) and twin bedroom on the upper floor. The cottage is sensitively decorated in traditional style and tastefully furnished to a very high standard to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible.
Newfield Cottage is available for booking on a weekly basis (Saturday to Saturday) and for short breaks at the owners' discretion.
Please refer to our website to check availability and tariff, and to place a booking; or contact us directly with your requirements.
Facilities included in the tariff:
- Heating (electric storage and panel)
- Fuel for stoves
- Bedding and Egyptian cotton towels (2 each)
- Washing up liquid, detergent, dish washer tablets, hand soap, toilet roll, kitchen roll
- Welcome pack of locally sourced produce
Also provided for your use and convenience:
- Microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge, freezer, electric hob, grill and double oven, kettle, toaster
- Iron and ironing board
- Bathroom - WC, bath, over bath shower, illuminated mirror, shaver point and heated towel rail
- En-suite - WC, electric shower, shaver point and heated towel rail
- High chair and cot available on request
- TV, DVD, hifi
- Selection of indoor and outdoor games, jigsaws, books, maps, local and tourist information
- Garden furniture
- Ample parking space for up to three cars
- A secure lockable shed is provided for your use, suitable for storing bikes, outdoor gear, fishing tackle, canoes etc.
- Bike repair stand and tools
Newfield Cottage has a non-smoking policy.
Sorry we do not accept pets at Newfield Cottage.
Access to the cottage is up one step.
Regrettably, the cottage is not suitable for wheelchair users.
open all year
Peacefully located Highland retreat
3 bedroom - double (en suite), twin, zip and link twin/king
Log burning stove
Secure bike/gear shed